February 10, 2012

Happy NYFW!

Yesterday kicked off New York Fashion Week. Weeeeee!

I've only attended one fashion show in the old Bryant Park tents. And while the hoopla and B-list celebrities were all very thrilling the highlight really was the clothing. That sole experience under my belt clearly makes me an expert in the fashion world and thus (yes, thus) I am allowed to critique alongside the Anna Wintours of the world.

Here are a couple early favorites (and flops) from the first shows of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2012.

BCBG: 
(photos: Imaxtree)
I LOVE the cobalt color blocking on the FAVE dress. 
And even the model looks pissed to be wearing such a hideous jacket on the FAIL.

Honor:
(photos: Honor)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this gown. Super FAVE!
Isn't there an 80's Barbie doll that had this exact FAIL jacket?

Cynthia Rowley:
(photos: Imaxtree)
I had difficulty finding anything I liked from the Cynthia Rowley show. Maybe I was too distracted by the nappy, sloppy, crazy hair but this dress narrowly squeezed a half-hearted FAVE in my book. 
This FAIL just made my eyeballs throw up. Two words: Hot. Mess.


Z Spoke by Zac Posen:
(photos: Imaxtree)
 I had a few Z Spoke faves but this one took the cake—you could wear this forever.
The FAIL... looks like she got in a fight with a paper shredder. And I can't even deal with those PANTS.

Happy Weekending!




No comments:

Post a Comment