Table decor wasn't exactly my focus this year, but I was able to whip up some seating cards at the last minute. I also picked up these plaid napkins in the bargain bin at the supermarket. Even Trump's high chair got some love.
My goal for next year is to plan ahead and get a few more festive table accents and maybe even...wait for it...a centerpiece! But let's be honest. The real hero at a holiday meal is the food. And I'm pretty sure I had that covered.
Check out the Nutella cookies that I'm officially renaming—Nutivity Cookies. You know you love it.
Here's the recipe for the Nutivity Cookies
from the Joyce N. Bakery
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup Nutella, plus more for frosting cookies
4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. hazelnut extract, optional
36 whole blanched hazelnuts, for garnish
1. Mix everything together except for the hazelnuts.
2. Pat or roll dough into 12-inch-long logs, wrap tightly in plastic wrap
3. Chill for 2 hours, overnight, or up to 1 week. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw before slicing.
4. Cut chilled dough into even slices, and bake on greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes
6. Add the nutella icing on top and garnish with crushed hazelnuts.